HOW I WENT FROM ZERO TO 14,000 PAGEVIEWS IN 60 DAYS
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I don’t use myself or truly love! (Learn more here)
I’ve made it, the two month mark!
Drink Coffee & Prosper is 2 months old. If you follow the blog, you have probably heard my story. If not, here it is:
A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
I am NO SEO expert. I’m not a seasoned blogger or expert marketer. I’m by all accounts, a newbie blogger.
My blog is just a hair over 30 days old. I started blogging because I wanted to share the knowledge I learned over the years about working from home, online business, social media, and more.
When I started my work from home journey about 6 years ago, there was not a lot of good info online that I could find on the topic.
I learned my way through it all and boy, was that an experience. I want to make it easy for you so I’ll be revealing all my tips and tricks on the blog. Sign up for the newsletter here:
Ok, so here are my stats:
With social media, I tend to pay the most attention to Facebook and Pinterest.
My goal for next month is to give some love to Instagram and Twitter. I’ve really done nothing with those networks and still achieved a bit of growth, can’t complain.
My pageviews are up over 14,000 as I write this, compared to 3,000 in June. My tricks are working which I’m so excited about it.
Here’s my secret recipe:
- Facebook groups: I am in at least 30 groups for social media, traffic, ecommerce stores, bloggers, engagement, etc. Most of the groups I’m most active in are full of bloggers, who are my target audience so I tend to see some nice traffic on the days I’m active.
- Guest posting: I’ve only written one guest post (here it is: Top 10 Best Affiliate Programs for Blogging Newbies). I have seen some traffic from this post and it helped me get a sale from my ebook. I definitely wanna do more guest posting in the future. By the way, I’m happy to announce that this blog will be accepting guest posts! Check out the write for us link in our footer for more details.
- Pinterest: I don’t know how many articles I’ve read in the past few weeks that talked about Skyrocketing traffic growth from Pinterest, like going from 20k to 200k pageviews! I tested out BoardBooster and I definitely saw an increase in pins and repins when I was using compared to after the trial ended. I got nearly 5X better results! I recently switched to Tailwind. I like the dashboard a bit better and the analytics data is great. I also keep hearing about Tailwind Tribes. Something on my to-do list to check out.
- Pinterest groups: I’m in a handful of group boards. I see a lot of growth from bloggers that are in several group boards. I use PinGroupie to find boards and contact the admin to join. PinGroupie is free and very easy to use. Recommended.
For pageviews I want to double where I’m at today, so 28,000 pageviews. A lofty goal, I know. I’m going to experiment with some new techniques. I’ll report my results.
Next month and also write about my journey all throughout July so subscribe to my RSS feed and newsletter so you don’t miss anything.
You might enjoy: How I Went From Zero to 3000 Pageviews in 30 Days
A big improvement over the past month. I really wanna work on getting my Global number now. I’ve signed up with Alexa Pro so I can better optimize the blog and also learn more about what my competitors are doing well so I can get some inspiration for my own strategy.
One thing I’ve noticed: more links=better Alexa rank
Linkbacks come from comments you leave on other blogs where you leave your blog url, forum posts with a signature, guest posts, and more.
I’ll be working on getting more links for sure.
BLOG POSTING SCHEDULE
My blog posting schedule has slowed down quite a bit. From 4-6 posts per week to 3-4 weekly. I wish I could post daily but my schedule just does not permit.
Why I post less
I went on vacation last month and then planned my sons 4th birthday party a week later. It was a busy month. That, along with my breaking into freelance writing, has wittled my time down.
Post 4-6 articles weekly again. This is my sweet spot.
I finished my Google Adwords credit early in the month. I’ve done no other paid advertising. I wanna keep costs down as much as I can until I start turning a nice profit.
I published 16 posts! Who Hoo!
- How to Go Zero to $5,000/month with Daily Deals
- The Ultimate Bloggers Toolbox
- 6 Hacks for Organically Boosting your Alexa Ranking
- 12 High Paying Affiliate Offers for the Money Hungry (Top post for June!)
- Pinning Ain’t Easy: A Facebook Engagement Group
- How to Supercharge your Pinterest Following
- Pulse Check: 30 Day Blogger Newbie Report
- How I went from Zero to 3000 Pageviews in 30 Days
- 8 Ways to Improve your Blog Posts
- 6 Ways to Share Your Blog Post from Infinity and Beyond
- 5 Tips to Skyrocket your Instagram Following
- The Ultimate List of Blogger Ebooks
- Cool Little Trick to Get You 4X the Pageviews to Your Blog Post
- Brilliant Blogging Tips Roundup
- 8 Favorite Super Awesome Pinterest Articles
- Work at Home Mom Life: 5 Tips to Keep Your Sanity
My first ever income report. It’s puny you guys but we all start from somewhere. I’m still happy since its up from zero.
I’m sharing my income report because I want to be as transparent as possible. I started the blog as a resource for others who want to make money from home, start a blog and/or start an online store.
Sharing my earnings is a great way for me to not ill keep track of my income but also help others learn about what is working well for me and what’s not so they may be inspired to give my strategies a try. So, without further adieu:
JUNE 2016 INCOME REPORT
TOTAL INCOME(gross) $69
TOTAL EXPENSES $36.95
TOTAL NET INCOME $32.05
I hope you enjoyed my stats report for June 2015. What are your goals for July 2016?
PRODUCTS YOU WILL LIKE
WEALTHY AFFILIATE: The best beginner blog training I have taken. It spells everything all out! 7 phases total and helps with everything from setting up your blog on platform to PPC advertising to Facebook and more! Truly amazing. Highly recommended.
BLUEHOST: Amazing web hosting starting at as low as $1.95/month! Streamlined set up and easy integration with WordPress. Check out The Foolproof Way to Start a Blog. Bluehost is currently the host used for this blog, Drink Coffee & Prosper. Highly recommended.
CONVERTKIT: Newsletter services to your subscribers AT ITS FINEST! I have to admit, I am not a techie, AT ALL! ConvertKit makes it all so easy. Lots of easy tools, streamlined newsletter creation, affordable packages. It takes me a few minutes to shoot out a newsletter to the blog’s thousands of subscribers. Easy peasy. You’ll love ConvertKit!
BOARDBOOSTER AND TAILWIND: I’ve tried these Super Pinning tools separately but I have BOTH! The minute I made that change, my repins increased by 200X, no joke! I love the features and tools from both. You’ll like the simple, easy navigation of Boardbooster. Not too complicated at all. Tailwind has tribes! Another awesome way to connect and grow your pins exponentially. They are both very affordable. A must have and my secret weapon for exploding my blog pageviews!
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE: Join the ranks of Michelle Schroeder and be on your way to earning $50,000/month in affiliate income like she does! In fact, she had a record SIX FIGURE MONTH in July 2016! Learn from the very best. Read my full review of her course on my post, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Reviewed.
Quadruple your traffic!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.