October is over and I’m reporting my income and traffic in my 6th month of blogging!
What I’ll be covering
- What worked and what didn’t work
- Social media
- Plans for November
October was productive. Not as productive as I would’ve liked but I got 12 posts completed and published, joined a few new affiliate programs, and starting working on my 2 courses.
Here’s what worked:
- Automating social media: I continue to use Tailwind and Boardbooster to automate my social `1media shares. On Tailwind I have between 80-120 daily pins in rotation. Boardbooster continues to loop and source my pins. I’m very happy with both.
- Increasing site speed: I started optimizing my images with WP Smush and doing a few other tweaks to increase site speed. I’ll be sharing all about it in my post tomorrow.
- Investing in The Genius Blogging Toolkit: This toolkit had a whole bunch of courses and books about traffic, monetization, Facebook ads, etc. I’m not even halfway through everything. I’ve been able to already implement some of the strategies shared in some of the courses and I’m seeing results!
- Investing in more courses: I purchased more courses this month than I have in a while. I learned a ton and look forward to seeing the results of my strategies in November
- Running a giveaway: I kept reading about these viral giveaways so I decided to run one! I got 5 sponsors to join me including Michelle from Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. It was a huge success!
What didn’t work
Instagram yet again. I did very little with Instagram. I need to find some kind of automation for it. Probably IFTTT will work but I need to set aside time to bang it out. Definitely a goal for November.
Facebook: SUCCESSFUL 1,084 (837 last month and goal was 1000)
Pinterest:SUCCESSFUL 5,030 (4,000 last month and goal was 5000)
Twitter: SUCCESSFUL 1,134 (638 last month and goal was 1000)
Instagram: UNSUCCESSFUL 3,584 (last month 3,543 and goal was 3,800)
Google Plus: UNUCCESSFUL 129 (last month 112 and goal was 200)
Whoohoo, met 3 of 5 goals! I am super stoked. Here are my November goals:
Goals for November
- Facebook 1,500 likes
- Pinterest 6,500 followers
- Twitter 1,500 follower
- Instagram 3,800 followers
- Google Plus 200 followers
Before: 356K Global and 91K U.S.
After: 269K Global and 71K U.S,
The goal was 300K Global and 75K so goal met-SUCCESSFUL!
Next month goal…250K Global and 50K U.S.
Traffic hovered around 20-21K page views. The all time high was around 23K page views. Here’s a screenshot of the last 30 days
My goal for November is 40,000 views! How I’m gonna get there: guest posting and the 30 day challenge. I’ll keep you updated on my progress!
This months income comes from..
- Sponsored posts
- Google Adsense
- Affiliate marketing
Other misc. affiliate income $701.71
Service work $174
Total Income $1,242.88
Bluehost $0 (paid a year upfront)
Tailwind $0 (paid a year upfront)
Genius Blogging Toolkit $58.78
Udemy courses (2) $20
Ads experiment $46.05
Ahrefs trial $7
Pinterest tool $69
Total expenses $555.62
TOTAL NET INCOME $687.26
There you have it! I’m pretty happy about my October income. I didn’t do very much. I was focusing a lot on my 2 product launches coming in the next few months. Unfortunately I did not meet my October income goal of $2,000 but I’ll be aiming for that number in November.
November income goal $2,000
Plans for November
- Dive into ads: I’m not gonna go too crazy here. I will be focusing on Facebook ads mostly. I’ve taken a few courses on ads and ad strategy and I’m excited to test it out.
- Launch 1 course: I have been working on my traffic course for the past few months. There is one component left that I hope to knock out this week. Once I do, I’m going to recruit some affiliates and do a formal launch. I can’ wait!
- Work on affiliate income and promotion
How was your income in October?
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I don’t use myself or truly love! (Learn more here)
PRODUCTS YOU WILL LIKE
WEALTHY AFFILIATE: The best beginner blog training I have taken. It spells everything all out! 7 phases total and helps with everything from setting up your blog on platform to PPC advertising to Facebook and more! Truly amazing. Highly recommended.
BLUEHOST: Amazing web hosting starting at as low as $1.95/month! Streamlined set up and easy integration with WordPress. Check out The Foolproof Way to Start a Blog. Bluehost is currently the host used for this blog, Drink Coffee & Prosper. Highly recommended.
CONVERTKIT: Newsletter services to your subscribers AT ITS FINEST! I have to admit, I am not a techie, AT ALL! ConvertKit makes it all so easy. Lots of easy tools, streamlined newsletter creation, affordable packages. It takes me a few minutes to shoot out a newsletter to the blog’s thousands of subscribers. Easy peasy. You’ll love ConvertKit!
BOARDBOOSTER AND TAILWIND: I’ve tried these Super Pinning tools separately but I have BOTH! The minute I made that change, my repins increased by 200X, no joke! I love the features and tools from both. You’ll like the simple, easy navigation of Boardbooster. Not too complicated at all. Tailwind has tribes! Another awesome way to connect and grow your pins exponentially. They are both very affordable. A must have and my secret weapon for exploding my blog pageviews!
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE: Join the ranks of Michelle Schroeder and be on your way to earning $50,000/month in affiliate income like she does! In fact, she had a record SIX FIGURE MONTH in July 2016! Learn from the very best. Read my full review of her course on my post, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Reviewed.