Hey friends, December is wrapped up and here are the stats on how the blog did! First off, December was a super busy month. As many of you know, I own an e-commerce store and as you can imagine, December is a pretty busy month! I’ve been swamped fulfilling orders, writing for this blog, freelancing, and conducting some fun little experiments I’ll be sharing in the income report.
Here’s an overview of this month’s report:
- What worked and what didn’t work
- Social media wins
Let’s kick things off, shall we?
December was a super fun month for me. Even though it was busy as heck, I got some time off and I enjoyed the holidays with my family.
Automation is my lifeblood. I’ve talked about it before. Using tools, outsoucing, getting a virtual assistant, it’s all amazing at lightening your load. I embraced tools this month and continued to use Boardbooster and Tailwind to help with my social media efforts. Tailwind is great for posts on Pinterest and Twitter (and they have a Facebook option as well, though I haven’t tried it yet) and Boardbooster is an awesome sauce Pinterest tool. I’ve used both tools separately but I get the best results when I use them together. They are both amazing and complement each other well.
I invested in more courses! What can I say, I’m such a course snob. Three courses from Udemy:
- Succeed as a Udemy Instructor Without Paid Ads – Unofficial
- Udemy Marketing Strategies: Increase Enrollment – Unofficial
- eBay DropShipping: An A-Z Guide for All Levels
WHAT DIDN’T WORK
Well, not doing anything on social media will not get your followers. You could have probably guessed that. Another month of ignoring little ol’ Instagram. I’m super good with Instagram too. I can get followers quickly and create great engagement but, you can’t do it all. I’ve been super focusing on Pinterest and Facebook. Pinterest drives itself basically but Facebook needs a little more hand holding. Once I hit a few thousand likes on Facebook, I’ll be switching gears and focusing on Instagram. Check out my Instagram account here.
SOCIAL MEDIA WINS
I continue to have growth across most social network channels. My accounts below in case you’d like to check them out or give me a follow:
In December I hit over 35,000 page views! Super thrilled about that. I’ve been aiming for 30K for a while since 30K is the mark that you can apply to the ad network Mediavine. So excited! Take a look:
What have I done to increase traffic?
Not too much. Just my usual routine. I’m super psyched. This is my first December as a blogger. I heard that the holidays were some of the most rough months for traffic stats so this increase in traffic is a nice surprise.
Here’s a recap of what I usually do throughout the month to maintain traffic:
- Pinterest posting often using Boardbooster and Tailwind
- Facebook group interaction: I run the Pinning Ain’t Easy Facebook group and admin a few other groups plus I’m in 75+ Facebook groups for blogging and business so I frequently participate in the threads
- Quora posting: I aim for answering 5-10 questions per blog posting, inserting my latest post url in my signature
- Twitter: I use Crowdfire App to automate my posting, likes, follows, etc.
- Google+: I try to post on my account with every new published post. I really need to pay more attention to this network, especially since I hear that participation on it, helps to increase Google ranking
- Stumbleupon: I submit my new published post once (and only once) to this network and I do the same with Digg
This is really it. You can see it’s heavily social media focused. I’m a social media snob too, I love it!
Now, onto income.
The income is broken down into 4 categories:
- Sponsored posts
- Affiliate marketing
Sponsored posts – $100
Affiliate marketing – $483
Freelancing – $95
Products/services – $737.74
Gross Income $1,415.74
Convertkit – $49
Sendowl – $15
Sumome – $25
Canva for Work – $12.95
Teachable – $39
Boardbooster – $10
MaxCDN – $9
Total Expenses – $159.95
Net Income $1,255.84
Whoohoo, highest month yet! What tipped me over the edge? I did some experiments that I’ll be writing about very soon over at Love My Blog. In a nutshell, I did some eBay selling and selling at Fiverr, along with some freelancing.
There you have it! Now, to you, how was your blogging income in December?