HOW TO BECOME A VENDOR WITH JANE-START TO FINISH QUICK GUIDE
Note: This post may contain affiliate links.
Today we’re talking about becoming a daily deal vendor.
What’s a daily deal vendor?
Check out this killer post for all the details on how to earn up to $5,000 per month being a vendor. This one here:
In that post we talked about popular vendors, what’s involved, how to earn and more. Today we will be focusing specifically on one vendor, Jane (my favorite!).
In the world of ecommerce, it can be very difficult to get a good start. Most small businesses fail and many take years to start returning a profit. This is where daily deal sites come into play.
THE WORLD OF DAILY DEALS
Daily deals are awesome because you get a chance to earn a good income pretty easily, with little start up capital AND get exposure for your online store.
Here’s how it works:
- Start a business. Read my full guide: Start a Profitable Online Store in One Hour or Less for details on getting started. It’s not as hard as you may think. Important: Get your business documents (i.e. tax id number, reseller permit, and any other applicable documents)
- Sign up as a wholeseller: After you are a full fledged business, you will need to source products. This means finding the product you will sell from wholesellers. You buy wholesale and sell retail. For example: You sell handbags. You buy a red leather clutch at a wholesale price of $25 and you resell it at a retail price of $75. You keep the difference between the wholesale price ($25) and the retail price ($75). $75 minus $25 equals $50 (which is your gross profit). Make sense?
- Sign up with daily deal sites: Jane
- Plan your first deal and submit your request to be featured with Jane
- After approval, stock up that product and take fabulous photos
- Your deal goes live
- You ship your orders to customers
- Rinse and repeat!
You might enjoy: How to Make Six Figures Selling Thru Marketplaces
PRO TIPS I RECOMMEND
TIP#1 FIND MULTIPLE WHOLESELLERS:
You don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket. When I was doing daily deals, I had several wholesale accounts and multiple vendors/manufacturers I worked with. Some good sources:
- Wholesale marketplaces: Marketplaces features many different vendors and manufacturers you work direct with. Kind of like eBay a bit. You visit the marketplace, select one or more vendors and you can see their line sheets, photos of products, pricing, minimum order quantity, etc. It’s pretty cool.
TIP#2 INVEST IN A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER
If you want your featured deal to go well and sell products like crazy, take it from me, you will want fabulous photos. Invest in a good photographer who can take some high quality photographs. Take some time to review the Jane website and look at the photos other sellers are featuring.
The photos don’t have to be fancy. A simple couple of shots to feature the product attractively will do just fine. A plain white background and lifestyle photos do pretty well.
Look locally to find photographers or you can even search online for what I call “online photographers.” How that works: Find bloggers who will agree to have their professional photographer take photos. This may or may not cost you money.
I did this often and a mix of paid and unpaid photos. I found that the paid photos were better for me just because of the turnaround time. My experience was that paid work got my photos much, much faster. It would be a bummer if you had to delay your deal because you did not have photos in time.
TIP #3 STAY ORGANIZED
- Keep a feature calendar that shows when your deals will go live, deadlines, etc.
- Keep good accounting records: If you sell above a certain threshold expect to receive tax documents at the end of the tax year. I recommend: Freshbooks and GoDaddy Bookkeeping.
- Hire a Virtual Assistant if you need help: Don’t wait until it’s too late. During peak seasons like Back to School, Christmas, etc. make sure you hire help before you need it!
That wraps it up friends. There is definitely good money to be had with daily deal sites like Jane. I used to be a regular seller with them and would commonly make four figures monthly featuring 1-2 deals per month. The most successful sellers would feature 3-5 deals weekly! You can do it, we’re rooting for you!!
What are your favorite daily deal sites?
PRODUCTS YOU WILL LIKE
WEALTHY AFFILIATE: The best beginner blog training I have taken. It spells everything all out! 7 phases total and helps with everything from setting up your blog on platform to PPC advertising to Facebook and more! Truly amazing. Highly recommended.
BLUEHOST: Amazing web hosting starting at as low as $1.95/month! Streamlined set up and easy integration with WordPress. Check out The Foolproof Way to Start a Blog. Bluehost is currently the host used for this blog, Drink Coffee & Prosper. Highly recommended.
CONVERTKIT: Newsletter services to your subscribers AT ITS FINEST! I have to admit, I am not a techie, AT ALL! ConvertKit makes it all so easy. Lots of easy tools, streamlined newsletter creation, affordable packages. It takes me a few minutes to shoot out a newsletter to the blog’s thousands of subscribers. Easy peasy. You’ll love ConvertKit!
BOARDBOOSTER AND TAILWIND: I’ve tried these Super Pinning tools separately but I have BOTH! The minute I made that change, my repins increased by 200X, no joke! I love the features and tools from both. You’ll like the simple, easy navigation of Boardbooster. Not too complicated at all. Tailwind has tribes! Another awesome way to connect and grow your pins exponentially. They are both very affordable. A must have and my secret weapon for exploding my blog pageviews!
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE: Join the ranks of Michelle Schroeder and be on your way to earning $50,000/month in affiliate income like she does! In fact, she had a record SIX FIGURE MONTH in July 2016! Learn from the very best. Read my full review of her course on my post, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Reviewed.
Quadruple your traffic!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.