AUGUST 2016 INCOME REPORT
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I don’t use myself or truly love! (Learn more here)
Hey friends, this is my 3rd income report in my 4th month of blogging.
I’ll be showing my income report for August 2016.
It’s been a fun roller coaster blogging. I hope to have blogging become my full time job in the near future. For now, I continue to blog part time and run my online store full time.
I’ll be putting out my income reports around mid month. I started Drink Coffee & Prosper around the 6th or 7th of May 2016. So, I count my stats from the 7th of the current month through the 7th of the next month.
What I’ll be covering today:
- What’s worked AND what hasn’t worked
- All the tools I use
- Social media stats
- Alexa stats
- Blog posts published
- Traffic stats
- Income stats
Here we go!
- Posting more on social media! I schedule around 60-70 pins daily with Tailwind. I have it set for Tailwind to post to my Pinterest, Facbeook, AND Twitter accounts. So each network gets around 60-70 posts per day. That has transformed my social media numbers beautifully and I will share more on that in my social media stats below.
- Writing about 3-4 posts weekly: At the start of my blogging journey I thought blogging more is better. In the beginning, I definitely think frequently posting is a great way to get a lot of content to your blog quickly but the more content you have, the less you need to post. I slowed down my blog posting and haven’t suffered any traffic issues. Yay!
- Participating in more Facebook groups: I’m in about 30 groups. I’ve found some really AWESOME ones, that I will share below.
- Investing in courses: I’ve purchased Michelle Schroeder’s Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course and Lena’s 17 Strategies ebook, which have both contributed to my increased income in August
What hasn’t worked
- Switching themes: I, along with many folks I’m sure, thought that switching themes would help boost my traffic. Nope. I’m gonna give it more time on this, as I’ve only had the new theme a few weeks but so far, stats are around the same. I do LOVE my new theme and have gotten compliments on it. To get yours, it’s a Genesis Framework theme by Studiopress, called Divine.
All the tools I use
If you know me, I am ALL ABOUT using a good tool. Especially if it saves me time! Here are all the tools I use:
- Gmail: I use Google mail for my primary blog email. I also have a domain email which I love because I think it looks super professional. There’s an awesome extension (I hear it’s awesome anyway) that adds your latest blog post to your signature. It’s called Wisestamp. I’ll be giving this a try soon.
- Tailwind: I talk about this all the time in my posts. Tailwind is an amazing automation tool that has helped me go from zero to 3,600 followers in 4 months on Pinterest. It’s super affordable at only $10 or $15/mo. I prepaid for one year. You’ll love the dashboard AND Tailwind Tribes! Free trial.
- Boardbooster: Another AMAZING Pinterest automation tool. I use Boardbooster to actually find me pins. It’s a set it and forget it kind of tool. You’ll love it. I only pay 5 bucks a month! What! They have a free trial just like Tailwind.
- Quora: I am expert on Quora which means I go on there to answer questions about starting a business, blogging, affiliate marketing and more. I have over 5,000 views this month on Quora. For every new post I go on Quora and answer 10 questions. It’s a great boost in traffic. Did I mention its free?
- Convertkit: I use Convertkit to manage my 3,300 newsletter subscribers. They have these stylish newsletter popups and signup forms that I adore. It takes me 5 minutes to send a newsletter to subscribers. The easiest thing ever!
Social Media Stats
Facebook–SUCCESSFUL 502 likes (up 316 likes, goal was 250)
Instagram–UNSUCCESSFUL 3,476 followers (up 201 followers, goal was 3,500..so close)
Pinterest–SUCCESSFUL 3,600 followers (up 1,000 followers, goal was 3,000)
Twitter–SUCCESSFUL 162 followers (up 82 followers, goal was 100)
I did a lot better in August with social media. Only 1 goal unmet, whoohoo (and not by much). So thrilled that my social media strategy is working.
Here are the new Facebook groups that I joined in August:
What I love about these groups is that they are different. They have some new engagement threads that I haven’t tried yet, for click throughs, follows, etc. It’s really fun and they helped contribute to my social media success.
****I JOINED GOOGLE PLUS****
I have been hearing about Google Plus forever. I decided to skip it for the time being back then but I recently joined and I love it! They have circles and communities you can join to make friends and network. I love it.
Show me some social media love if you can and give me a follow! I’m at Drink Coffee & Prosper.
SEPTEMBER Social Media Goals
Facebook 1,000 likes
Instagram 3,800 followers
Pinterest 5,000 followers
Twitter 500 followers
Before: 798k Global and 121k U.S.
After: 512k Global and 152k U.S.
Mixed results with Alexa. My global number decreased which is great but my U.S. number increased a bit. I attribute this to the 4 days my traffic nosedived because I got temporarily banned from Pinterest in error. Find out more about that here.
SEPTEMBER Alexa Goals
400k Global 100k U.S.
BLOG POSTING SCHEDULE
I currently post around 3-4 times per week. I’m hoping to scale that back starting in 2017. I toyed around with a 30 day challenge of doing 30 posts in 30 days. I still might do that sometime but I’ve just been too busy lately. I published 16 posts in August.
Here are my August posts:
- Don’t miss out on the Ultimate Startup Bundle (One Week Only)
- July 2016 Income Report
- 8 Ways to Make Money Blogging
- 21 Time Saving Tools You Haven’t Heard Of
- Make an Extra $15,000/year Traveling
- How to Create a Killer Blog Promotion Strategy
- How to Bank $150 Per Week with Surveys
- How to Get 100,000 Instagram Followers Fast
- How to Make a Full Time Income with Affiliate Marketing
- How to Make Six Figures Selling Through Marketplaces
- Top 5 Places to Learn Blogging Secrets
- Double your Adsense Income with This Little Trick
- 20 Side Hustles-Online Only
- The Super Tool That Put My Pinterest Growth on Autopilot
- How to Become a Vendor with Jane
- 20 More High Paying Affiliate Offers for the Hungry Blogger
Traffic growth happened in August, whoohoo! I saw an average of 18,000-21,000 monthly page views when I monitored my Google Analytics dashboard daily.
Unfortunately this happened…
With the launch of my new Divine theme from Studiopress
ALL MY ANALYTICS GOT RESET! Boohoo. Ok, so not quite, but it did wipe out my Analytics ID from WordPress (By the way, it wasn’t the theme that caused it. I was messing around with plugins while I was redoing the site and things got screwed up).
The quick fix was just adding it back, easy. However, I didn’t catch this for a few days so my traffic did not record. Lesson learned, keep a close eye on Analytics.
Ok, down to the juicy stuff, the income! I get income from the following sources:
- Product sales
- Affiliate marketing
- Surveys/panels/focus groups
- Google Adsense
- Skyrocket your Instagram Following $30
- Website Flipping $5
- Shareasale $9
- Flexoffers $32
- Offer Juice $4
- Peerfly $0
- Strategies Worth Sharing $8
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing $78.80
- Boardbooster $5
- Ultimate Bundles $38.80
- Paid online study $300
- Vindale $17
- Freelance writing $237.70
- Adsense earnings $34.97
TOTAL INCOME $800.27
- ConvertKit $49
- SumoMe $25
- Sendowl $9
- Bluehost $0 (prepaid a year upfront)
- Tailwind $11 (prepaid a year upfront)
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing $147
- Building a Framework $75
- 17 Strategies to 350K+ Monthly Pageviews $25
- Genesis Framework and Studiopress theme $99
TOTAL EXPENSES $440
TOTAL NET INCOME $360.27
Income is going in the right direction. So thrilled! I didn’t even know I made that much. I’m so excited!! Well, that wraps up my August 2016 income report. Thanks for tuning in friends!
PRODUCTS YOU WILL LIKE
WEALTHY AFFILIATE: The best beginner blog training I have taken. It spells everything all out! 7 phases total and helps with everything from setting up your blog on platform to PPC advertising to Facebook and more! Truly amazing. Highly recommended.
BLUEHOST: Amazing web hosting starting at as low as $1.95/month! Streamlined set up and easy integration with WordPress. Check out The Foolproof Way to Start a Blog. Bluehost is currently the host used for this blog, Drink Coffee & Prosper. Highly recommended.
CONVERTKIT: Newsletter services to your subscribers AT ITS FINEST! I have to admit, I am not a techie, AT ALL! ConvertKit makes it all so easy. Lots of easy tools, streamlined newsletter creation, affordable packages. It takes me a few minutes to shoot out a newsletter to the blog’s thousands of subscribers. Easy peasy. You’ll love ConvertKit!
BOARDBOOSTER AND TAILWIND: I’ve tried these Super Pinning tools separately but I have BOTH! The minute I made that change, my repins increased by 200X, no joke! I love the features and tools from both. You’ll like the simple, easy navigation of Boardbooster. Not too complicated at all. Tailwind has tribes! Another awesome way to connect and grow your pins exponentially. They are both very affordable. A must have and my secret weapon for exploding my blog pageviews!
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE: Join the ranks of Michelle Schroeder and be on your way to earning $50,000/month in affiliate income like she does! In fact, she had a record SIX FIGURE MONTH in July 2016! Learn from the very best. Read my full review of her course on my post, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Reviewed.