Blog traffic! It’s all I hear about recently. It really is EVERYTHING in blogging world. Traffic drives more views, more views drive popularity and more income.
There a ton of different ways to get traffic. Check out some of our popular articles:
- How to Increase Blog Traffic: Expert Secrets Revealed
- 12 Tricks to Triple Blog Traffic
- Secret Tip to Explode Traffic Growth
What is the art of better blog traffic?
The art of better traffic is gaining engaged traffic. That is, making your content and your blog sticky so readers hang around a while and return to visit in the future.
My favorite posts about sticky traffic
To create sticky traffic, you want to write content-rich articles that the user won’t want to tear their eyes from. How to accomplish this? In addition to creating a long form article, you want to fill it with lots of other stuff. What’s the other stuff?
- Infographics (do very well on Pinterest and have a greater chance of going viral)
- Photography and graphics (pinnable images included in there, along with relevant photos that go along with your post)
- Charts, graphs, statistics (always do very well and prove that you have facts backing up what you’re talking about)
- External links (do the legwork for your reader and share the amazing stuff you’ve found online)
- Internal links (get your reader to check out your other articles and stay on your site longer)
8 New Ways (You Haven’t Heard Of) to Get Blog Traffic
- Triberr-jump on the Triberr bandwagon friends. It’s a great platform to interact with peers and get your content shared. Join tribes (as many as you can), be active, and participate. I joined Triberr a while ago but have been minimally active. I am changing that this month. I have a reach over 200K and I don’t utilize it. Crazy!
- CSS Galleries-I just learned about this literally yesterday. CSS galleries are a great way to share you website and get real viewers to check it out. I keep reading that it is INCREDIBLE for traffic. The cons: it costs money. I’ve looked at several and every single one costs money to submit your site. It’s pretty minimal, $5 or $10 but if you pay five or ten bucks for each gallery, it will add up. Is it worth it? I’m gonna do a few and I’ll write a follow up to let you know! Some examples: cssclip.com, cssbased.com, cssbag.com. Helpful article to learn more: CSS Galleries: Great for Traffic and PageRank
- Pinterest-ok, ok, I know you’ve heard about Pinterest for traffic. You pin frequently, use automation tools like Boardbooster or Tailwind, create a professional keyword-rich profile and boards, etc. But, did you know that if you pin others’ content more than your own that you get more followers and engagement? Really. Try it out and let me know how the experiment goes (P.S. it works!)
- Sniply-whenever you share content that’s not yours, like on your Facebook page, for example, when the readers visits the site via your link, a little custom call-to-action will appear on the page (created by you) allowing you to engage with your reader. Great idea, right? Sign up, it’s free for 1,000 clicks/month with upgrade options for larger packages.
- Shorte.st-Have you heard of Shortest? Ok, so this one may not help with traffic but it’ll help with increasing your income. Get paid every time you get clicks to your short link. How it works: Visit Shorte.st and sign up (free). Shorten your links. Share them. Get clicks, get paid. They pay $14 per 1000 for U.S. traffic. Wha-what! Some others are adf.ly, linkshrink, and oui.io, but Shorte.st is the highest paying.
- Yahoo Answers-this is the same strategy I use for Quora. I write a lot about Quora being an awesome traffic generator. You do the same with Yahoo Answers. How it works: Sign up with Yahoo Answers, start answering questions, make sure you insert your latest blog post in your answer or signature, rinse and repeat. That’s it! Easy.
- Learn from podcasts-I totally do this. My daily routine: Wake up. Take son to preschool 7:40am. Pick up from preschool about 3 hours later. Take to behavior/occupational therapy 11:30am. Pick up from therapy about 4 hours later. You can see I’m in the car a lot. Good thing is there’s no traffic. Yipee, but with all that time in the car, I go on a podcast binge. I listen to podcasts about business, courses, affiliate marketing, blogging, traffic generation, email list building, and more. This is FREE INFORMATION. Many of them interview experts or are an expert themself and share their secrets. My favorite podcasts: Smart Passive Income Podcast, Oh So Pinteresting, Ask Pat.
- Get on a podcast-A GREAT WAY to get traffic to your site! Get on a podcast and get interviewed. Nuff’ said.
Excited yet? Then, go out and get traffic! That’s all for today friends.
Have you gotten my cool little traffic trick yet? Sign up to my email list below and get it sent to you INSTANTLY!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I don’t use myself or truly love! (Learn more here)
PRODUCTS YOU WILL LIKE
PINTEREST STRATEGY GUIDE: A crazy good guide filled with tons of actionable strategies to help you get traffic and make money using Pinterest! From super blogger herself, the creator Rosemarie Groner of The Busy Budgeter reveals all her secrets to rockin’ Pinterest and getting hundreds of thousands of visitors each month, all from Pinterest!
BLUEHOST: Amazing web hosting starting at as low as $1.95/month! Streamlined set up and easy integration with WordPress. Check out The Foolproof Way to Start a Blog. Bluehost is currently the host used for this blog, Drink Coffee & Prosper. Highly recommended.
CONVERTKIT: Newsletter services to your subscribers AT ITS FINEST! I have to admit, I am not a techie, AT ALL! ConvertKit makes it all so easy. Lots of easy tools, streamlined newsletter creation, affordable packages. It takes me a few minutes to shoot out a newsletter to the blog’s thousands of subscribers. Easy peasy. You’ll love ConvertKit!
BOARDBOOSTER AND TAILWIND: I’ve tried these Super Pinning tools separately but I have BOTH! The minute I made that change, my repins increased by 200X, no joke! I love the features and tools from both. You’ll like the simple, easy navigation of Boardbooster. Not too complicated at all. Tailwind has tribes! Another awesome way to connect and grow your pins exponentially. They are both very affordable. A must have and my secret weapon for exploding my blog pageviews!
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE: Join the ranks of Michelle Schroeder and be on your way to earning $50,000/month in affiliate income like she does! In fact, she had a record SIX FIGURE MONTH in July 2016! Learn from the very best. Read my full review of her course on my post, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Reviewed.
Quadruple your traffic!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.