Today we’re talking blog monetization. That’s right, making money with your blog. I do it, you should do it too, if you don’t already. I’ll be showing you 23 ways you can make money with your blog, even if you’re a blogging newbie.
Step 1.) Get Pretty Link Lite plugin
This free WordPress plugin transforms your ugly affiliate links like this www.fton1782/ghti.com to a pretty link that looks like this: www.yourblogname.com/affiliatename. This helps in so many ways:
- Easily reference back to affilliate links: When you’re crafting a blog post and want to mention Bluehost, it’s easy to remember www.yourblogurl.com/bluehost compared to trying to recall Bluehost’s affiliate link url.
- Tracking: You can go into your Pretty Link dashboard and check number of clicks
- Affiliate links hurt your site: Myth or Fact? I don’t really know. I can tell you that I’ve heard this A LOT! That Google doesn’t like affiliate links and can ding your SEO if you have them. Not sure about if it’s true but if it is true, you’ll be covered!
Step 2.) Register for Google Adsense
Head over to Adsense and register. There is an approval process and it can take a few days, maybe longer so be patient. When you are approved, you can go in, create your ads, and start adding them to your blog. Easy, peasy! When traffic is delivered to these ads, you’ll start earning income daily. I started by earning $.08/day and now get up to $13/day on some days (average around $2-4 daily). So, around $100 extra every month with minimal work. Score!
Step 3.) Register for sponsored networks
Sponsored networks connect you, the blogger, with merchants so you can do sponsored work. Sponsored work includes things like writing a sponsored post about a merchant product, writing a review, tweeting to your audience on behalf of the merchant, posting to Facebook and other social networks, etc.
You are PAID to do this and it can be quite lucrative. Although I’ve been blogging for 6 months, I just started dabbling in sponsored posts and earn $50+ per post. Imagine doing multiple sponsored posts per month. You could easily rack up hundreds or thousands.
The networks I belong to:
There are many, many more networks. Find your favorites and apply!
So far, we’ve covered 2 ways to earn income with your blog: Google Adsense and sponsored work!
Here are 21 more ways to make money with your blog:
- Affiliate marketing (Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course is highly recommended)
- Create a digital product (Sendowl helps with hosting your product and digital delivery to customers, starts at $9/mo)
- Create a physical product (Etsy and Shopify can help you sell your goods)
- Freelance writing (the Problogger Job Board and Upwork are great places to find work)
- Freelance graphic design (Upwork and Outsource)
- Life coaching (post on your blog and share in your newsletter, host with Sendowl)
- Blog coaching (Sendowl all the way)
- Business coaching (Sendowl is great for any service you sell)
- Social media manager
- Virtual assistant
- Sell your freelance services or creative skills on Fiverr
- Webinars (the Webinar queen Mariah Coz from Femtrepreneur offers some incredible courses to help rock out your webinar)
- Podcasting (check out podcasting king Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income for tips on starting your podcast and getting sponsor income)
- Youtube videos (did you know Youtube is the #2 search engine in the world?)
- Sell products or services on Instagram
- Facebook groups sales (check out my group Pinning Ain’t Easy and join! Currently accepting new members)
- Giveaways (the increased engagement that giveaways bring can stir up sales)
- Photo shoots (get hired by merchants and brands to model clothing, be photographed next to product, and more)
- Fashion or food stylist
- Sell your photos (stock photos sites will you pay you for your photography)
- Surveys/panels/focus groups (some of my favorites are American Consumer Panel, Survey Savvy, and Vindale)
How do I Make Money Blogging?
I have a mix of revenue streams. I believe heavily in diversifying income (and traffic). Right now, my blogging income streams are:
- Affiliate sales
- Digital products
- Sponsored posts
Affiliate sales are definitely my #1 money maker. Check out some of these articles I’ve written on how I do it!
- 8 Gamechanging Pay Per Lead Affiliate Programs
- 20 More High Paying Affiliate Offers for the Hungry Blogger
- How to Make Full Time Income from Affiliate Marketing
Digital products are so exciting to me because they provide an opportunity for endless income, really! I have 2 ebooks that I’ve published:
Both are available for $20. They talk about my experience in business and social media. Both are great reads and I’ve gotten positive feedback on both titles! In the future I will be launching a handful of courses so stay tuned!
Sponsored posts are totally fun. I plan on doing more in the future. Lastly, surveys and panels are a great way to express your opinion and make some decent money.
The surveys, panels, and focus groups I’ve done have earned me in the hundreds per survey. I did one a few months ago for $400 and one last month for $150. I’ll be writing a detailed guide very soon explaining how I get high paying survey opportunities!
There you have it, 23 ways you can make money with your blog.
How do you earn money with your blog?
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I don’t use myself or truly love! (Learn more here)
PRODUCTS YOU WILL LIKE
WEALTHY AFFILIATE: The best beginner blog training I have taken. It spells everything all out! 7 phases total and helps with everything from setting up your blog on platform to PPC advertising to Facebook and more! Truly amazing. Highly recommended.
BLUEHOST: Amazing web hosting starting at as low as $1.95/month! Streamlined set up and easy integration with WordPress. Check out The Foolproof Way to Start a Blog. Bluehost is currently the host used for this blog, Drink Coffee & Prosper. Highly recommended.
CONVERTKIT: Newsletter services to your subscribers AT ITS FINEST! I have to admit, I am not a techie, AT ALL! ConvertKit makes it all so easy. Lots of easy tools, streamlined newsletter creation, affordable packages. It takes me a few minutes to shoot out a newsletter to the blog’s thousands of subscribers. Easy peasy. You’ll love ConvertKit!
BOARDBOOSTER AND TAILWIND: I’ve tried these Super Pinning tools separately but I have BOTH! The minute I made that change, my repins increased by 200X, no joke! I love the features and tools from both. You’ll like the simple, easy navigation of Boardbooster. Not too complicated at all. Tailwind has tribes! Another awesome way to connect and grow your pins exponentially. They are both very affordable. A must have and my secret weapon for exploding my blog pageviews!
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE: Join the ranks of Michelle Schroeder and be on your way to earning $50,000/month in affiliate income like she does! In fact, she had a record SIX FIGURE MONTH in July 2016! Learn from the very best. Read my full review of her course on my post, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Reviewed.