10 Things to do After you Hit Publish-A Roundup!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I don’t use myself or truly love! (Learn more here)
One of the most important things to do after you publish your blog post is…
In fact promotion should make up the vast majority of your blog formula. Mine is 20% content and 80% promotion. I’ve scoured the web to find tips provided by top experts on what to do the minute after you hit publish and I’ve compiled a list of 10 things recommended.
Check it out!
- READ IT AGAIN (from Torchlite.com)-after your post is published, make a second go round at it and read it! Make sure it looks good on your blog and free of spelling and grammar errors. Review for broken links and formatting issues.
- REPLY TO COMMENTS (from Torchlite.com)-you have probably heard this before. It’s so easy to do, yet something that is often overlooked by bloggers. You want to reply to EACH AND EVERY COMMENT! This is a must, trust me. You wanna develop a good relationship with your reader and acknowledge their comment. Plus, they might have asked a question, that will go unanswered if you are unresponsive. This one is super important folks.
- PUSH TO SOCIAL MEDIA (from Drinkcoffeeandprosper.com, that’s me!)-you want to share your latest work with your followers. Post an update on every single social platform you are on! For me, that’s Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon, and Instagram. You can use a scheduling tool to help out, like Boardbooster or Tailwind.
- SHARE FOR SHARE THREADS (from Drinkcoffeeandprosper.com)-I have heard mixed reviews on share for share threads. For me, they work but at the same time, if I stopped doing them tomorrow, my traffic wouldn’t suffer too, too much. I do share threads in Facebook. I’m in at least 20-25 different Facebook groups and a bunch of them do these share threads where you share one of their links and they share one of yours! I love these and participate several times a week.
- SHARE ON QUORA (from Drinkcoffeeandprosper.com)-Every time I post a new article, I go onto Quora and answer a minimum of 10 questions, inserting my latest post url in my answer. Every time I do this, I get a nice boost in traffic. It’s worked every time!
- DO A PERISCOPE ABOUT YOUR BLOG POST (from melyssagriffin.com)-Periscope is starting to catch fire! Hop on board and do a Periscope vid about your post’s topic.
- CHECK THE ANALYTICS OF YOUR POST (from melyssagriffin.com)-Hop on your analytics platform to see how well your post did. Also, check to see what posts got the most comments!
- SUBMIT YOUR POST TO BOOKMARKING SITES (from successfulblogging.com)-Reddit is a great example.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR EMAIL SIGNATURE (from successfulblogging.com)-Wisestamp is a great resource to customize your signature. It’s a Gmail extension that pulls your latest blog headline into your email. How cool!
- BLOG SYNDICATION (from billbelew.com)-An easy way of doing this is connecting your RSS feed to your social media channels so autoposting can happen after you publish.
You might enjoy: 12 Ways to Remix your Blog Posts
There you have it! 10 things to do after you hit publish.
What do you do after you hit publish?
43 FREE Stock Photos below
PRODUCTS YOU WILL LIKE
WEALTHY AFFILIATE: The best beginner blog training I have taken. It spells everything all out! 7 phases total and helps with everything from setting up your blog on platform to PPC advertising to Facebook and more! Truly amazing. Highly recommended.
BLUEHOST: Amazing web hosting starting at as low as $1.95/month! Streamlined set up and easy integration with WordPress. Check out The Foolproof Way to Start a Blog. Bluehost is currently the host used for this blog, Drink Coffee & Prosper. Highly recommended.
CONVERTKIT: Newsletter services to your subscribers AT ITS FINEST! I have to admit, I am not a techie, AT ALL! ConvertKit makes it all so easy. Lots of easy tools, streamlined newsletter creation, affordable packages. It takes me a few minutes to shoot out a newsletter to the blog’s thousands of subscribers. Easy peasy. You’ll love ConvertKit!
BOARDBOOSTER AND TAILWIND: I’ve tried these Super Pinning tools separately but I have BOTH! The minute I made that change, my repins increased by 200X, no joke! I love the features and tools from both. You’ll like the simple, easy navigation of Boardbooster. Not too complicated at all. Tailwind has tribes! Another awesome way to connect and grow your pins exponentially. They are both very affordable. A must have and my secret weapon for exploding my blog pageviews!
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE: Join the ranks of Michelle Schroeder and be on your way to earning $50,000/month in affiliate income like she does! In fact, she had a record SIX FIGURE MONTH in July 2016! Learn from the very best. Read my full review of her course on my post, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Reviewed.